Thursday 22 January 2009

Goodbye Bush


Simple, funny and clever print ad by Veet (thanks for alerting me Liz Worrall). 

I'd like to see more humour in hair removal comms. It's a funny, even fetishistic (or is that just me?) thing to do - why not be open about this that rather than show gleaming models galloping on beaches or in perfect white bathrooms all the time? 

My sister's friend manages a beauty salon and was telling us funny stories about her clients and all the extreme 'services' they ask for - not sure if it's too gross for me to say explicitly here but they're definitely getting more 'uninhibited'. I can definitely envisage a time when people - women - will demand to have completely hairless bodies. That means more extreme products and services.

I did a report for Gilette once about the future of shaving. Women are getting hairier (hormones, diet, arguably even climate change, are factors). In the report, I explored the trend for nasal hair removal (the new manicure in New York), back hair removal for women, and going clubbing with your razor (essential item for the 'shag bag').

No comments: