Tuesday 28 October 2008

Meet me at St Pancras


I am not very good with dealing with customer service people. Especially staff in mobile phone shops (why are they all rude boys and Alan Sugar wannabes?). Today, my faith was restored. (Mark Hadfield, I think of you as I write this, customer service Nazi!!!).

I booked a trip to Paris for me and my beau and though I tried to find the cheap £59 return deal I couldn't, and ended up buying a really expensive one. Then we both had a panic and realised we couldn't afford it, particularly him. Although my ticket was non-refundable and non-exchangeable, I thought I'd at least give it a shot with their helpline, see if they could help us out.

Wow. I don't think I've been so impressed by a sales person, the lovely 'Margaret' was so genuinely sympathetic, efficient and went above and beyond for me. I emailed her manager to say so and hope she gets some kind of commendation (not a Eurostar t-shirt I hope). I think we're set to see a revolution in customer service soon. The gold standard of John Lewis (and perhaps Eurostar?) will become the norm...

No comments: