Thursday 7 August 2008

Planner pairs



Why don't planners work in pairs? Like copywriters and art directors and many other creative partnerships - from Viktor & Rolf to Ant N Dec. I've been thinking about this the last couple of weeks since I met my new work partner, Collyn. She's a visual planner - she does pictures, I do words, to put it simply. We're good enough on our own, but together we feel rather formidable.

Mark Hadfield, the Geordie planning genius, has been thinking about this too and may be writing an article on the subject. 

I met Andy Lear, head of planning at Publicis today, and asked his opinion. He said he has worked for agencies where comms planners work in pairs with account planners. He thinks it's a great strategy, the only problem is it's expensive, who pays?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking the same thing for a while. http://priyanka.typepad.com/1_part_truth_2_parts_mixe/2008/05/a-pair-of-strategists.html

Anonymous said...

it would help if i gave you the right linK:
http://icanhaz.com/pairs